Thursday, May 29, 2014

Blog 7: Lang Lang

Musical interpretation is a really hard area of the music studies. In particular, piano studies take around fourteen years of studies in a conservatory.
Bach, Mozart, Beethoven and Lizt are maybe the most important composers for this instrument. They music are not easy to play, you need days, months and years of practice to play just the rhythms and notes…
Lang Lang is a 31 year old pianist. He comes from China and is one of the most famous pianists (living) in the world. His interpretations are full of energy, passion and grace… Lang Lang is the perfect musician with supernatural skills.


When I listen for first time the music of Lang Lang I was not surprised, but, when I see his version of Tchaikovsky’s 1st piano concerto I understand why he is a really talented music star.

A funny fact is his recent participation with Metallica (yeah! the trash metal band) at the Grammy awards… A friend told me “that was ridiculous”, but I think “It’s great! I hope to play my classical guitar with Metallica!”

No comments:

Post a Comment